About

I became interested in health early in life. At the age of nine, I told my mother that I was going to stop eating junk and just eat fruit. At the time, I didn’t have the wherewithal or the proper environment to see that through, but the seed was planted.

About six years later, at the age of fifteen, my interest in health reignited and I took definite steps to implement this. I was, however, at that time, not as intuitively aware of my true dietary nature as I had been at the age of nine, probably because, at that time, I had access to and was influenced by the so-called “experts”.

It was about that time that I also started my stint as a runner. At about 4 months into running, I was running 17 minute 5K’s, not thinking much of this at the time, however, because I still wasn’t “winning” races.

By the age of twenty, I was running with some of the better runners in the area. At that time, knocking out 75 minute half marathon training runs were just routine. It was also at that time, that I became interested in vegetarianism eliminating all red meat from the diet and began to experiment with macrobiotics.

A few years after this, I’d read the book Fit for Life by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond which ignited my interest in the dietary science of Natural Hygiene. Around the same time, I became very influenced by the work and lifestyle of Mahatma Gandhi who had been a fruitarian for a number of years and had also been influenced by Natural Hygiene. By that time, I started cycling and was running less and less and riding more and more.

Some years later, I came upon the works of Professor Arnold Ehret and became profoundly influenced by his “mucousless” dietary approach. I struggled on until eventually I eliminated all grain and legume products from the diet and was subsisting on a diet high in fruit.

After this, came veganism, or at least what may be termed a completely whole, plant-based diet devoid of processed foods. Eventually, I came to the point in my diet where approximately 95% percent of what I ate was raw, so eventually I eliminated the other 5% of the diet that was cooked and embarked on a raw vegan approach.

In December 2008, I had my interest in Natural Hygiene renewed by Doug Graham’s 80/10/10 approach, and that is basically the approach I follow today. Based on the principles of Natural Hygiene with definite guidelines in regards to the macronutrient ratio in one’s diet, I find the raw herbivore/frugivore regime to be the best diet for man and have gone from strength to strength on this methodology since.

I’m still riding, having been a competitive runner prior to that. I’ve since more or less given up the car since it has become entirely unnecessary on this high carbohydrate, high energy, and high fitness lifestyle.

Feel free to contact me at any time and let me know how you’re doing in your journey on this beautiful place we call Earth.

To your health,

M